Due to growth in our established manufacturing business in Scunthorpe we are looking for a Finance Manager to join our family orientated business. We are a small team of 15 and need some higher level support to move the business forward. This is an exciting role for the right candidate to develop and grow within the company.
Trent Refractories are a UK based manufacturer and supplier of bespoke refractory solutions, supplying the UK market and beyond. Our reputation for competitively priced high quality products is known throughout the industry, and our ability to offer quick turn-around times that can be tailored to our customers’ demands sets us apart from the rest.
Trent Refractories was founded in 1989 and has a strong British industrial heritage. Two generations on, the company is still owned and managed by the same family who have been joined over the years by a knowledgeable and experienced team.
Find out more about us and our values here:
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring consistent corporate financial strategy through a range of avenues such as managing and allocating accounts, financial statements, and tax data. Having influence and decision making to ensure up to date processes and procedures are in place. The candidate will also be the point of contact for banks, accountants, auditors, and tax authorities.
- Manage day-to-day company accounts
- Assist with financial planning
- Oversee Budget forecasting and cash flow management
- Ensure government compliance in all tasks
- Implementing processes
- Statutory returns
- Credit control and payments
- Staff records
This is a permanent role with immediate start. You will have an opportunity to hit the ground running, make your own mark and impact on the team, and have the opportunity to learn and develop with a fantastic team who value and support you.
- CIMA/ACCA full or part qualified, would consider somebody highly qualified through experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficient in Sage
- Advanced Excel - Pivot Tables, Vlookups, macros
- Detail-oriented and analytical
- Previous manufacturing experience/first time mover from practice with exposure to manufacturing companies
- Previous experience in communicating with various stakeholders
- Previous experience in supervising people
- Previous experience in implementing or working with ERP systems
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent