Kickstart Scheme Announced for Trent Refractories
Trent Refractories have been granted the opportunity to have 3 Kickstarter jobs under the scheme (6 month placements) and we are planning to roll out a number of vacancies which will be advertised in due course. Keep an eye out for bulletins for vacancies where we will post more information. The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to employers to create job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit.
The Kickstart Scheme provides funding to create new job placements for 16 to 24 year olds on Universal Credit who are at risk of long term unemployment. Employers of all sizes can apply for funding which covers:
- 100% of the National Minimum Wage (or the National Living Wage depending on the age of the participant) for 25 hours per week for a total of 6 months
- Associated employer National Insurance contributions
- Employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
- Employers can spread the start date of the job placements up until the end of December 2021
- Further funding is available for training and support so that young people on the scheme can get a job in the future