Mechanical Engineering Technology Degree Apprentice
10th May 2021
To support product and process development; to provide testing services and quality control checks and records on products and raw materials from production, supplier and customer sites.
Trent Refractories are a UK based manufacturer and supplier of bespoke refractory solutions, supplying the UK market and beyond. Our reputation for competitively priced high quality products is known throughout the industry, and our ability to offer quick turn-around times that can be tailored to our customers’ demands sets us apart from the rest.
Due to an increase in demand for our products, we are able to offer this permanent position. You will be part of a dynamic team, ensuring adherence to stringent quality production controls and records, creating bespoke products for a wide range of international clients. As well as SHU Engineering Degree, you will receive training and on the job support from a highly qualified & published scientist, respected in her field, and provided with the opportunity to learn, and do, all aspects of manufacturing refractory products. You will be on an educational and work experience path which will eventually enable you to participate in the design of new bespoke refractory products and improvements to production of existing products. Employees who are committed to Trent, have Trent's full commitment to them; as a family run business, we support and reward our people throughout their employment providing competitive salary, training and career advancement.
- Laboratory Technician reporting to the Technical Manager
- Testing, Prepare Samples and perform required tests, Collation of Data, Storage/disposal of samples
- Plant and Site Assistance; Internal trial support for products, External supervision of trials, installations; monitor and maintain Quality standards
- Administration; maintain and use data as required
- Maintenance of equipment and facilities; all equipment and areas of work to be in good working order
- Stock Control; ensuring supply inventory meets product needs and is managed accordingly
- Health and Safety procedures must be followed at all times.
Practical, methodical and meticulous approach with the ability to work in a team, or independently, in an organised manner. Office 365, basic understanding, SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Positive attitude, committed, enthusiastic, flexible, trustworthy, adaptable to any tasks required, work well within a team and as an individual, the ability and desire to learn.
13th September 2021
03rd September 2021
18th August 2021
02nd August 2021
07th July 2021
05th July 2021
21st June 2021
16th June 2021
04th June 2021
21st May 2021