Supporting The Institute of Refractories Engineers
The Institute of Refractories Engineers is a not-for-profit trade association that helps our members to access the science, technology and skills they need to excel in the refractory industry. For more than 50 years, The IRE has been a forum for professionals in refractories and related industries. If you design, manufacture, sell, install or study refractories, the IRE is for you. They are a global community with members in over 40 countries. In fact, almost 40% of the members are located outside the UK, in places as far afield as Australia. Members are kept up to date on the latest developments in refractories’ engineering and technology via technical meetings, training seminars, conferences and bimonthly publications.
The Institute of Refractories Engineers aims include:
- Raising standards and training in our field of science and technology
- Promoting and maintaining the character, status and interest of our members
- Sharing insights, news and interesting ideas
- Encouraging members to exchange information to benefit our industry and each other
- The Institute of Refractories Engineers is a non-profit making body and its entire income is applied solely to the promotion of these aims